Factors that differentiate successful schools - findings from learning guarantee program

Karopady, D. D. and Giridhar, S. (2011) Factors that differentiate successful schools - findings from learning guarantee program. Learning Curve (16). pp. 66-70.

[img]
Preview
Text - Published Version
Download (304kB) | Preview

Abstract

From Yadgir in North East Karnataka to Banaskantha and Sabarkantha in Gujarat, Vidisha and Datia in Madhya Pradesh, Tonk and Sirohi in Rajasthan or Uttarkashi and Udhamsinghnagar in Uttarakhand, the story is the same. Less than 10% of our government elementary schools are able to ensure that all the three basic criteria of universal elementary education – universal enrollment, retention or regular attendance and achievement of learning outcomes - are being fulfilled. While universal enrollment is probably being met by over 90% of our schools, the average attendance of children in most schools would be around 70%. But the killer is that less than 10% of schools can demonstrate the achievement of adequate learning outcomes for a majority of the children, while the other 90% are clearly performing poorly.

Item Type: Articles in APF Magazines
Uncontrolled Keywords: Education, Elementary education, Early childhood education
Subjects: Social sciences > Education
Divisions: Foundation Publications
Depositing User: Mr. Sachin Tirlapur
Date Deposited: 21 Aug 2018 18:43
Last Modified: 09 Oct 2018 11:13
URI: http://publications.azimpremjifoundation.org/id/eprint/787
Publisher URL: http://apfstatic.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/s3fs-...

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item